We are sure you could use your imagination, but you would not believe what some pets ingest or what may be laying around your home that could pose a toxic threat. We have heard it all, so if you suspect your pet has ingested something toxic, please call us right away. A wait and see approach is NEVER recommended. This does not mean your pet will always require extensive treatment, but it is simply not worth the risk when a phone call to our office is free. We will always do our best to inform you of the risks as well as tell you if a veterinary exam is recommended.
Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, we recommend that you call the ASPCA Pet Poison Hotline. We may also call from our office once your pet has been examined by the veterinarian.This is really an extraordinary service and worth every penny that it costs. ASPCA Pet Poison Control has an extensive database with toxic thresholds, recommended treatments, prognoses, and protocols that are best suited to get your pet back to health as soon as possible and reduce the long-term damage.
If we recommend this, it is to provide the most effective treatment plan to help your pet.
www.aspca.org › Pet Care